Today’s wine is Nebbiolo from Langhe, Italy.
I bought this wine from M&S in HK.
Pale garnet colour with medium intensity.
With aroma of strawberry, red cherry, plum and mushroom.
The wine has a medium(+) tannin even though pale in colour.
It’s nice to drink a glass of wine and relax at home in Friday night.
Yesterday, I joined a Foundations of Australian Wine course.
And got to try 6 wines from Australia.
- Jansz Tasmania Premium Cuvee
- Grosset Polish Hill Riesling
- Evans & Tale Redbrook Chardonnay
- De Bortoli The Estate Vineyard Pinor Noir
- Wynns Estate Black Label Cabernet Sauvignon
- Langmeil Valley Floor Shiraz
I liked Chardonnay from Margaret River the most.
And Cabernet Sauvignon from Coonawarra was good too.
Other than wine tasting, we learned about wine history of Australia, climate, soils and characteristic of main wine regions in Australia.
I think it’s good to update wine knowledge once in a while and learn new things.